Built in 1785 by Matthew Fortescue for his new bride Marian McClintock.
A square Georgian house of 2 storeys over a basement 5 bays long and 5 bays deep. Extended in 1820 by the addition of 2 wings of one storey over basement. One of these wings was further demolished later in the 19th century. The entire house fell into ruin in the 1980s.
For more information please see http://www.abandonedireland.com/Stephenstown.html