Skip to content
Our Irish Heritage
Supporting & Promoting Irish History & Culture
Explore our archive
You are here:
Search results for 'Search...'
Search results for 'Search...'
Marley or Knockduff Bridge
Single-arch granite ashlar road bridge over railway line, c. 1865, with cut stone dressings including rusticated voussoirs. Renovated with one ...
Haggerty’s Bridge at Kilcoltrim is a single-arch hump-back road bridge over railway, built 1862, with rusticated voussoirs, cut stone stringcourses ...
Dún Laoghaire (Mallin) Railway Station
The original station for Dún Laoghaire, then known as Kingstown, was situated some 0.8km closer to Dublin at the West ...
Shannon Hydro-electric Scheme
This line was built to transport materials and for earthworks in connection with the building of the Shannon Hydro-electric Power ...
Adamstown Rail Station
Adamstown Rail Station opened on 10 April 2007. It is just south of the old Lucan South station which closed ...
Broombridge Rail Station
Broombridge Rail station is situated beside the LUAS stop in Cabra West, Dublin 7. It lies in the southern bank ...
Westport Railway Station
The Westport Railway station opened in 1866 and is part of the Midland Great Western Railway (MGWR) by the Great ...
Dromod station was opened in 1887 and ceased passenger operation in 1959. The narrow gauge railway line, in full working ...
Ceannt Station was built in 1851 to the designs of J.S Mulvany. It is sited just off Eyre Street and ...
The Boyne Viaduct is a 30m high railway bridge that crosses the River Boyne in Drogheda, carrying the main Dublin ...
Broadstone was operational from 1847. It was constructed as the Dublin terminus of the Midland & Great Western Railway, which ...
Local History & Heritage Course 2020-2021: Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo
A new course in Local History & Heritage will be delivered during the autumn 2020 and the spring of 2021. ...
‘Engine No.36’ is not only an old steam locomotive but is also the oldest on display indoors in Ireland. It has ...
Kent Station is one of Ireland’s major railway stations. The station was originally called Glanmire Road Station, but was renamed after Thomas ...
Heuston Station (formerly Kingsbridge Station until 1966) is one of Ireland’s most recognisable rail stations named after Seán Houston, one ...
Colbert Railway Station building itself was opened in 1857 on the Great Southern & Western Railway (GS&WR) replacing an earlier, ...
Irish Rail Master Map
The Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail map is presented by Iarnród Éireann in collaboration with railway community groups and enthusiasts to celebrate ...
Lansdowne Road Celebrates 150 years
Lansdowne & Ball’s Bridge station was opened 150 years ago on 1 July 1870 by the Dublin Wicklow & Wexford ...
Moatefarrell, Edgeworthstown County Longford About the Author: Matthew Farrellwas Ireland’s Heritage Hero for 2017 awarded by the Heritage Council for my work ...
Lord Crofton's boathouse at Gailey Bay, Co Roscommon
Lord Crofton’s boat house followed a pattern which can be seen in many other sea and lakeside boathouses, such as ...
Dolmen of the Four Moals
A Megalithic tomb is located on Primrose Hill above the railway station in Ballina Co. Mayo. Its latitude is 546 ...
Roodstown Castle, Co. Louth
Roodstown Castle is a prominent feature of the built heritage of Co. Louth. Its excellent state of preservation gives it ...
Murrisk Abbey in Carrowkeel in County Mayo is situated on the shores of Clew Bay in the shadow of Croagh ...
Glengad Stone Circle
This little circle lies on a lower slope of Barncuille surveying Broad Haven with the Cliffs of Rinroe on the ...