Your Christmas Story...
How to Enter and Terms & Conditions of Entry
All images and stories entered may be used in a Christmas exhibition and digital display at the National Museum of Ireland – Country Life as part of their Christmas event and online at http://www.ouririshheritage.org/
How to Enter:
Send an email to email@example.com and include the following information:
- Name of your object/Item.
- Description of your item including size/dimensions.
- How you came to own the object; was it a present, did you buy it, if so where from? If you do not own the object, say how it came into your possession.
- In no more than 350 words describe your object’s significance to you as well as any people, events, stories or memories associated with it.
- Attach 1-2 clear digital images of your object.
- Your name, address and contact telephone number.
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
Entrants must have rightful ownership of the object and images entered, or have gained permission from rightful owner to enter both. Evidence of ownership or, if you do not own the object, permission, may be requested.
Entry of an object and story does not automatically ensure inclusion in the exhibition or in a digital display. The final selection of objects will be made by a panel. Final object selection will be based on a number of criteria including condition, age and an assessment of the accompanying story. The decision of the panel will be final.
Deadline for receipt of entries in Friday 15th November 2013
All entries must be submitted by email as postal entries will not be accepted.
By submitting your images and story you are agreeing to:
· Have your object, image(s) and story included in an exhibition and a digital display at the National Museum of Ireland – Country Life and on www.ouririshheritage.org for the month of December, if selected.
· Sign all loan agreement paperwork should your object be selected. Objects selected for inclusion in the exhibition will be considered to be on loan to NMI-CL for the full duration of their display. Participants must provide a monetary value for their object for the purposes of insurance.
· Arrange, at your own cost, for the transport of your object, should it be chosen, both to and from the Museum of Country Life on agreed dates. The Museum will not be responsible for the safety of an object not collected on the agreed date after the exhibition. Objects not collected may be disposed of by the Museum at its sole discretion.
· Allow your object to undergo freezing for preventative conservation purposes, if required, prior to going on exhibition.